Last Updated: August 2022
At New York Registered Agent LLC, your privacy is our priority. Our company’s emphasis on user privacy and customer service is what separates us from the competition. This document contains many legal necessities, yet there are some things we want to highlight about our company and this website:
- We do not, and will not, sell your information to third parties.
- We strive to collect only the minimum amount of information about you necessary to provide excellent service and user experiences.
- If you hire us for any service, we will try to list our address wherever possible, so you don’t have to list your address on public documents.
- While there are always risks with transmitting any data via the Internet, we want you to know our staff is continuously working on website and client account security to protect any information shared with us.
- We try extremely hard to provide all our services internally so we can avoid sharing your information with third parties. But the use of services like credit card processors is currently unavoidable. However, we do not, and will not, allow the information shared with these parties (you’ll find a description below) about you to be used by them to independently market to you.
What Information Do We Collect?
The types of information we may collect about you include:
- Identifying Information: To provide outstanding services and receive payment for those services, we often are required to capture information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, banking information, credit card and debit card number, social security number, Federal Tax Identification number, account numbers, user name, Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and other online identifiers.
- Business Information: To help start and maintain your business, we may need to collect information such as legal entity name, business entity or filing, registered agent, officers, directors, managers or members of an entity, communications contact, business type, merchant category, other business related information, services purchased, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet Information: Our website is our greatest company asset and we spend a lot of time optimizing it. We could not do this without user data. This includes information such as your internet browser, browsing history on our website, search history on our website, information about the device you are using to access our website, and information regarding your interaction with our website or advertisements. We may also collect information about visitors to our website such as browser settings, operating systems, referring/exit pages and clickstream data.
- Audio Information: Privacy and awesome customer service are what we strive for at New York Registered Agent. If you call us or exchange emails with our Corporate Guides® (customer service representatives), we may record the phone call or retain the email string to help improve our training and services.
Where Do We Get Your Information?
- Related Entities: We may collect information about you from another party. For example, if you are a member or manager of a limited liability company that is formed through our website, we may be given information about you in order to form your company and provide business maintenance services.
- Service Providers: We may collect information about you from our service providers. Service providers are entities that we have contracted with to provide us with services to help fulfill our business needs.
- Business Partners and Affiliates: We may collect information about you from our business partners and affiliates. For example, if you are are interested in a Service that we provide or if another company has contracted us to provide registered agent services for their customers, and you’re one of those customers, we will be given your information.
- Publicly Available Information: We may collect information related to you from publicly available sources of information, including government records. For example, we may collect information about whether your legal entity is in good standing with a certain State.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In general, we use the information we collect about you to provide the best business formation and maintenance services we can. We also use that information to help us personalize and improve your experience with our website. We may also use the information in the following ways:
- Provide Services to you: The information you provide us when you signup for services is the same information we use to fulfill those services. We collect information to send you email or postal mail, perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction, provide customer support, or provide other types of customer relationship management and fulfillment. We may also use your information to optimize or improve our Services and operations.
- Fulfilling legal and compliance obligations: We collect information in order to fulfill our legal obligations. Examples of this may include satisfying regulatory screening requirements in connection with entity formations, responding to subpoenas and other legal requests for information, and maintaining records as required in our role as Registered Agent. We may also collect information for the purpose of detecting fraud or other suspicious activity.
- Analytics: We collect information for use in performing various types of analytics. For example, we use information to analyze how visitors interact with our website, where visitors to our website arrive from and exit to, pages visited, links clicked, text entered and mouse movements to understand site usage, to detect fraud and potential threats and improve our services.
Our website uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your device by a web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. If you register an account with us, a cookie allows us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This facilitates the process of recalling your personal information so that when you return to our website, the information you previously provided can be easily retrieved. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can typically modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you want to. If you choose not to allow cookies, this may impact your ability to log into your account or experience the full interactive features of our Services.
We also employ a technology called web beacons or “clear gifs” that help us track referrals from our partners and affiliates and better manage content on our website. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track online movements of web users.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with agents, affiliates, partners or other third parties that perform functions on our behalf, such as analytics, credit card processing, advertising measurement, etc. These are the services we can’t provide internally. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. Service providers are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any purpose other than providing services to us or to you.
- Required by Law: We may disclose information as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, a lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legal request.
How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
At New York Registered Agent, we strive to protect your personal information and data. Here’s how we try do do that:
- Personal information collected by the site is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public.
- We request proof of identity before we disclosing your personal information.
- We ask for certain client identifiers or other information in order to verify your identity before conducting the transactions you have requested.
- Please understand that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. That’s why we review and update our security procedures, technology, and methods to secure information.
Children Under Thirteen
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, please leave our website and go outside and play.
Information for California and European Residents
We do not, and will not, sell your information to third parties.
California law allows California residents to submit a verifiable request for us to provide them with certain information including: i) specific pieces and categories of personal information that we have collected about them; ii) the categories of sources for that information; iii) the business or commercial purposes for collecting their information; and iv) the categories of third parties with which their information is shared.
California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of their information under certain circumstances. This is not an absolute right, and we may decline to delete information when retention is allowed by law, for example, when we have an on-going business relationship with the person, we have a continued need to use the information, or we need to retain the information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Likewise, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) allows individual residents of the European Union (“EU”) to submit a verifiable request for us to provide them with certain information including: i) specific pieces and categories of personal information that we have collected about them; ii) the categories of sources for that information; iii) the legitimate interest for collecting their information; and iv) the categories of third parties with which their information is shared.
European residents also have the right to object to the collection or processing of their information or to submit a request for deletion of their information under certain circumstances. These rights, however, are not absolute, and we may decline to stop collection/processing or decline to delete information when retention is allowed by law, for example, when we have an on-going business relationship with the person, we have a continued need to use the information, or we need to retain the information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
If you exercise your rights under either the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 or the GDPR, we will not provide discriminatory treatment to you.
If you would like to submit a request about your data, or obtain additional information, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our toll free number at 1-888-704-7214.
After you submit the request, you will be asked to verify your email address and you may also be asked to provide additional information in order to verify your identity. We will attempt to verify your identity by asking for information that matches the information that we have previously collected about you. Where this is not possible, we may request that you submit additional documentation for verification. Please note that, in accordance with California law, we will not be able to satisfy your request until we have verified your identity.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request, you must provide us with your written permission for the agent to make the request on your behalf, or provide us with a signed power of attorney. We will also need to verify valid government issued identification for both you and the agent.
Notice to Non U.S. Users
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
At a minimum, we will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may maintain some or all of this information in our archives even after it has been removed from the site.
This site is intended for use in the United States of America. We attempt to protect the personal information of all users of our site and we attempt to comply with local data protection laws to the extent they apply to our Services, but our site is targeted to United States citizens and our policies are directed at compliance with those laws.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices generally, we encourage you to contact us.
Our Privacy Team