90 State St. Suite 700 Office 40, Albany, NY, 12207 | (518) 533-5459

New York Certificate of Authority Filing Service

New York Foreign Corporation

If you are a corporation based in a state other than New York and want to conduct business in New York, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of New York. You can obtain one by submitting paperwork as a foreign corporation with the New York Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the State of New York will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A New York foreign corporation is not to be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in the State of New York is considered to be a foreign corporation.

We only charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and submit the Foreign New York Corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Corporations Division of the New York Secretary of State. We also will obtain the forms needed from the home state of your incorporation to file your documents.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in New York and you’ll find the foreign corporation form is in your client account immediately. You’ll also find some submission tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. You are required to have an New York registered agent anyway, so we try to make this an easy process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to send them to the New York Secretary of State yourself.

How do I sign up?

You sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at our filing tips. If you don’t want to fill out and submit the documents yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. Your account shows real time status of our work in progress. Once we are done with your foreign corporation registration in New York, we always store the filing to your client account, email it to you, and mail you the original filed documents.